AmigaActive (1810/2143)

From:Samuel Byford
Date:28 May 2000 at 21:36:20
Subject:Re: Kickstart Show

Hello,

> Just to say that I enjoyed the show and would like to thank the organisers
> for giving me and many others the chance to buy soft and hardware face to
> face and not via an envelope or over the phone.
>
> Alive were as busy as any other stand and I must be in the minority because
> I haven't had any trouble with them and I've bought about a dozen CDs from
> them. Jennie kindly gave me a copy of my serial number for GoldED which I
> lost the other week, I do sympathise with the folk out there who've had
> trouble with them.

Nice to finally meet you Ady!

For my part, Ive not had trouble with them either but Im wary of them because of the problems others have had. I think the main reason ive not had troubles with them is that any item Ive ordered from them has been easily available and in stock.

*DISTRIBUTERS TAKE NOTE: if you dont have an item in stock EMail (or Snail mail) the person in question to inform them of this. DONT just leave the person hanging. It is Impolite - bad business and you wouldnt like it if it was you who hadnt heard anything from a company youd orderded from.*

I had this trouble with Weird Science and Candy Factory Pro. I had to email THEM for them to reply saying the item was out-of-stock and on order. NOT a good way to run a business. :(

The other thing I find is that Alive ARE one of the biggest game companies out there (distributer of anyway) and as such they have games/compilations that no-one else do and so are your only line of recourse if you want that item.

Just make sure to check they have the item in stock before sending the money, and I dont think you will have any problems with them

TTFN
Biffy

Bifford the Youngest
(Sam Byford)